5.27.2009

More of the Same

Since my episode last week I've been doing a pretty good job with the whole not-getting-hysterical thing. Of course, this is mostly because I avoid talking about the move and whenever someone at work says they're going to miss me I shrug it off and change the subject.

Today I had a customer who is a friend of my grandparents and who has known me since I was a toddler. She is said how much she's going to miss me and she just didn't stop when I tried to not talk about it. Of course, this made me cry. The next customer provided some much-appreciated comic relief by saying, 'I know; it's all my fault. I'll try to be better about it next time.' It made me laugh, but I still don't feel any better about leaving and about not being able to say anything to the first woman. A coworker told me that she's really going to miss me and I just couldn't say anything to her. I know that I've helped her a lot in the past and that she comes to me if she's got something she doesn't know how to handle. That means a lot to me and I feel bad because i can't tell her how much I'm going to miss her too.

No comments: