5.27.2009

Mixed feelings

I had a major meltdown at work the other day as the reality of moving crashed down on me. I had been pretty good about not really saying anything, and then I went and told someone that we were having a moving sale and there would be 23 years of stuff to get rid of. The MS has caused major problems in the part of my brain that controls emotions and the meltdown quickly escalated to something nuclear. It didn't help that people kept asking if I was alright.

I have since become more adjusted to the idea, but it still wrenches me in all sorts of different directions; I am not at all concerned about the idea of moving out of our junk pile, but it scares me that I will not really have anywhere to go anymore if things go down the tubes.

I'm almost 28 years old--why can't I throw my security blanket in the trash where it belongs?

No comments: